Tuesday 2 October 2012

Need to be in Gloucestershire - Not London

Today was spent getting the 100 nominations I need just to go forward to the election - not a problem but still wondering why I have to get 100 names and the MP's only 10?  My wife has done a brilliant job helping me out.

Anyway,  all's well that ends well and I'm nearly there and the bonus is I met a retired officer who gave me some great historic photos of Gloucestershire Constabulary.   I'll post some of these soon.

Tomorrow was scheduled to be a day in London catching up on the national issues, but I quickly realised if I want to win this election I need to be here, in Gloucestershire, not London.  That's how I think it will be if I'm elected too, as if your not careful you take your eye off the ball and think your really important just because you had meetings in the capital.

Still working up the details of the commitment I'll give to the Forest of Dean regarding stopping the future of their police stations and the service they will get from the police in the future. This is so much more than  just buildings, it's about the future of policing in the Forest.

Thanks

Martin
 

2 comments:

  1. Two entries on this blog here, Mr Surl, with the last being dated 2 October. The first entry, dated 1 October, is headed:

    "44 days to go - time to start blogging ..."

    It ends with:

    "I hope you will follow my blog."

    There is nothing to follow! I had considered you as a potential candidate, perhaps worthy of a vote. I think you just lost a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful to Ridgeback for highlighting the same point as I would like to make. One of the reasons I did not vote for you, Mr Surl, was that you clearly don't keep promises. Is this non Blog evidence of how you intend to carry out your new tasks? I look forward to a response.

    ReplyDelete